Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Winning and Won!


Hooray! Goodbye to this enormous coffee table. After gentle prodding for um probably several months I've finally got Matt to agree to let me sell the huge coffee table in our living room. Yes we like it since it holds a ton of stuff inside like our backpacks, gift wrap, etc but it's large and doesn't work in our space. In fact, several people have hit their legs on it while trying to get around it to sit on the sofa. We suffer from too much furniture in too little space. So anyway, I finally got my way and it was by getting my way that I got my way. Let me explain. The car battery died on friday night. It was a serious bummer and we were stranded in Kiowa Valley on this great street with a trail going up to some rocks with a killer view of Utah lake. Luckily for us, Howard came and rescued us. Anyway, when matt took the car to Walmart the next morning to get a new battery, the store had just gotten in a new shipment of Wii Fit!!! YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Do you know how hard it is to find in stock? Like impossible. So, when he came home he surprised me with it! I'm not letting anyone open it until the baby is born because I want to be the first one to use it and of course I can't do all the activities right now with my blood pressure. So, while we were talking about the wii fit we discussed where we'd have enough room to do all the activities and Matt said "I guess we will have to get rid of that coffee table after all." Music to my ears! I'm also selling our comfy black chair and all the art on our living room wall. Then I'll sell our entertainment center to make way for one with doors to hide the tv.
Today I got some incredibly good feng shui info from my good friend and I've already put it to use. I've fixed a few things that needed fixing and I've gotten rid of 2 bags of "clutter." I went through my vhs and cds that I've already pared down a few times and got rid of even more so that was good. The only ones I've saved are documentaries that I'm not ready to let go yet. Also, went through some pre-pregnancy clothes and got rid of the ones I don't think I'll use again. Then I cleaned out a basket of junk that had accumulated (broken crayons, misc supplies etc). So I feel like I'm making progress on getting my house where I want it to be feng shui wise and even though I know there's still lots of room for improvement it's great to feel like I'm making progress. By the way, somebody asked me to pick up veggie tales movies for them at yard sales so I did but now I can't remember who! If you are that person please tell me so I can get them to you.
Well Carter and Matt just left for pack meeting. I probably already told this story but I bought matt a scout shirt at a yard sale thinking he may need it someday and there's no way in heck I'm spending like $40 on a shirt so I bought it for the future. I was pyschic and Matt was called to be assistant cubmaster. He put on the shirt tonight and looks adorable!!! So cute! I love that he can wear the required uniform without me wincing about how much money it costs. I think I paid $1 or $2 at the most yipee! Same yard sale I bought Carter a cubshirt, necktie and slide and I know that'll be saving me a fortune too. Why in the world are these scout things so expensive?? Ridiculous.

6 comments:

Amber Baker said...

Yeah for the de-clutter!

Colleen said...

I think I was born to do feng shui. I don't know a thing about it, but I detest clutter! Nice work getting your way. :)

Jennifer Pelo Rawlings said...

Scout stuff does cost a fortune. It's a racket I tell you. I don't know why it costs so much and there's no competition so it is just so expensive.

I'm so glad you are having fun with the feng shui.

Kristen said...

Do you think it's ok to protest scout clothes? I think it's ridiculous to require such expensive stuff to participate in a "church activity." Hello?!?!

but I'll be quiet now.

And by the way, I don't understand how you get so much done when you're so close to having a baby and with high blood pressure and you're supposed to be TAKING IT EASY!!
Go lay down!! :)

Jen Morrison said...

yes it's ridiculous. Whenever I see them at yard sales I'm going to start buying them all and giving them to people I know. As far as decluttering I'm just doing it for a few minutes then rest and repeat. It's the nesting instinct that's totally driving me to do it. I totally recommend freecycle.org for posting wanted ads for scout stuff (people do it all the time) and it's a great website for getting rid of stuff too. :-)

Jane said...

how much are you selling your coffee table for? I love it--remember??