Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Baby is Coming Tuesday 26th

So I went for my appointment today and my condition remains the same though blood pressure is a bit higher. The doctor said the benefits of waiting until Tuesday outweigh the risks so we are waiting until Tuesday. I'm really happy to wait until Tuesday because I was worried about the baby and pretty stressed about the thought of her coming today or Friday. Now she has another week to get bigger and stronger and now we have an extra weekend to prepare and make plans for Carter and stuff. So that's the good news! I'll be 37 and a half weeks on Tuesday. If I have a dramatic change in how I am feeling I need to go in but I'm expecting to lie low and wait until Tuesday. This morning I went a little nuts trying to get last minute stuff down since there was a possibility of her coming today. The good side of that is that my hospital bag is now packed, her cradle sheets and outfits are washed, and her room looks more organized. Now I can really relax more knowing that that stuff is done. I still need to get some 4 oz glass bottles but I'm not stressing about it. I can always have Matt go get them this weekend. We'll get the carseat installed this week too. :-) So there's the news! I'm very relieved that she has more time to grow and I have more time to prepare.

3 comments:

Colleen said...

I'm so glad you have a few more days to prepare and get used to the idea!

Jennifer Pelo Rawlings said...

The countdown is on. It feels so good when you are prepared and know that whatever happens now the house is ready to welcome it's newest occupant.

Jane said...

Are you using avent bottles? I have extra 4 oz bottles if you want them.