
Feeling the need to get rid of stuff? Need something? I'm sharing one of my favorite things. The website: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/lehifreecycle/ There are over 2000 members of Lehi freecycle. What is it? A free (yes free, would I do it if it weren't? haha) website devoted to keeping things out of our landfills. The other plus is that it keeps us from having to buy stuff thus reducing our consumerism and our (sorry Colleen) carbon footprint. How does it work? Simply request to join and decide how you want emails. The choices are one at a time or a daily digest that shows what people are getting rid of. I recommend the one at a time option as things can get snapped up pretty quickly. What kinds of things go? I've seen everything from come pick our garden vegetables and apricots to clothing to furniture, to you name it! Yes I've even seen big ticket items come and go. I was a member in my hometown freecycle group before moving here and joining this one was one of the first things I did once we got here. What I'm loving about it right now is that as I find stuff to get rid of I place a posting OFFER: and what I have. Then people email and I choose who comes to get it (either by who can come the soonest, who seems most in need, etc.). Then it gets picked up usually same day. This saves me trips to DI and then I know it's going to someone who can use it. I've gotten free formula samples this way which is going to save me a ton of money and I've been able to declutter a lot. So check it out. I bet you can find something to get rid of and I bet you'll find something you want too. :-)

1 comment:
I love freecycle too! I've gotten rid of tons of stuff this way.
Post a Comment