Today has been very nice. We woke up early and all (Matt, Carter, and I) went to some local garage sales. I was pretty happy with the stuff we got. :-) We even had to come home and unload the car before going out again. Now that's a good garage sale day. My fav splurge purchase was this cute wooden bear. I think he's so cute out on our porch. I got a couple things to sell, a couple things for baby, and a couple things for Carter. I was very happy to get him an extra belt for school. I can't tell you how many Mondays I was frantically running around the house trying to find his belt to help him get ready for school. I swear he must come home from church and hide it! So now he'll have 2 and that should hopefully give me some sanity this year. I also got a couple of cute white shelves for cricket's room and an adorable pair of tiny red shoes. I'm such a sucker for baby shoes. They are just way way way too cute. I scored some great vintage Disney records that should sell easily and make up for my purchases and more. That's the goal of going to garage sales anyway. Well, I may have to keep the small world one. It's my favorite and even has a book and pictures of the ride. Maybe I'm just being silly since the ride is currently closed for refurbishment. Carter was REALLY good at the garage sales. I was worried he'd get sick of being in the car or ask for everything but he totally didn't. In fact, I offered to buy him stuff and he declined it 99% of the time. He did score a really neat, huge geode for 25 cents and he's VERY excited about it. When we came home to unload the car he insisted the rock stay with us. So funny. He's going to put it in his rock collection. :-) There was one garage sale where he went gaga over some 1960's style owl wall hanging carved from wood but with fabric eyes. It was dreadful! He loved it. I stammered around trying to find a reason to justify not getting this 50 cent thing and told him we didn't have a place to put it. So he walked over to the nice older lady running the sale and asked her where he could put it in his house. She told me she didn't know. Whew! That was a narrow escape. Carter put it back (it really was dreadful otherwise I would have given in) and the lady told me what a "doll" Carter is. I have to admit he was pretty cute today. When we got home he invited friends over to play in the small pool Matt set up and Matt and I have been cleaning up our finds, straightening up, and putting the new things away. So yes, I love today. It's nice and relaxing. It's gotta be the first Saturday in awhile that I've felt so good.
Saturday, July 19, 2008
i love today
Today has been very nice. We woke up early and all (Matt, Carter, and I) went to some local garage sales. I was pretty happy with the stuff we got. :-) We even had to come home and unload the car before going out again. Now that's a good garage sale day. My fav splurge purchase was this cute wooden bear. I think he's so cute out on our porch. I got a couple things to sell, a couple things for baby, and a couple things for Carter. I was very happy to get him an extra belt for school. I can't tell you how many Mondays I was frantically running around the house trying to find his belt to help him get ready for school. I swear he must come home from church and hide it! So now he'll have 2 and that should hopefully give me some sanity this year. I also got a couple of cute white shelves for cricket's room and an adorable pair of tiny red shoes. I'm such a sucker for baby shoes. They are just way way way too cute. I scored some great vintage Disney records that should sell easily and make up for my purchases and more. That's the goal of going to garage sales anyway. Well, I may have to keep the small world one. It's my favorite and even has a book and pictures of the ride. Maybe I'm just being silly since the ride is currently closed for refurbishment. Carter was REALLY good at the garage sales. I was worried he'd get sick of being in the car or ask for everything but he totally didn't. In fact, I offered to buy him stuff and he declined it 99% of the time. He did score a really neat, huge geode for 25 cents and he's VERY excited about it. When we came home to unload the car he insisted the rock stay with us. So funny. He's going to put it in his rock collection. :-) There was one garage sale where he went gaga over some 1960's style owl wall hanging carved from wood but with fabric eyes. It was dreadful! He loved it. I stammered around trying to find a reason to justify not getting this 50 cent thing and told him we didn't have a place to put it. So he walked over to the nice older lady running the sale and asked her where he could put it in his house. She told me she didn't know. Whew! That was a narrow escape. Carter put it back (it really was dreadful otherwise I would have given in) and the lady told me what a "doll" Carter is. I have to admit he was pretty cute today. When we got home he invited friends over to play in the small pool Matt set up and Matt and I have been cleaning up our finds, straightening up, and putting the new things away. So yes, I love today. It's nice and relaxing. It's gotta be the first Saturday in awhile that I've felt so good.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I'm glad you had a good Saturday! Nice work getting out of the tacky owl Carter wanted. :)
I'm glad to hear that it was a good day. It's nice that you could all go out together.
Post a Comment