So I managed to get a bunch of laundry done and put away, finishing up organizing the bookcase in Carter's room, and some other stuff I can't remember now which isn't surprising. I just know that if feels like I spent the whole day getting stuff done. The reward for my labor? I went out to water the garden and discovered a dozen plump pea pods! Yum!!!! I promptly picked the 6 that were the biggest, washed them off, and enjoyed each bite. They were totally sweet and tasted SO good! I just love the satisfaction of eating food that we have grown. We had 2 red tomatoes but mostly just blossoms. I did discover a cute baby one growing so that's encouraging. The garden is taking much longer to produce food this year than last year. It must be the weather since we haven't changed any of our gardening habits. Anyway, the peas were oh so good and I'm very excited to have them. Also noticed a blossom on our squash so maybe we'll get one before the frost this year! I'm crossing my fingers!
Matt came home a little bit ago from his very first pack meeting. A little background on Matt, he never did scouts as a kid so he has pretty much no idea what is done or how. He got to pack meeting tonight and the cubmaster's wife had a bad accident with a balloon launcher and had to be taken to urgent care. He handed Matt the schedule and so Matt got a straight into the frying pan experience especially because the other assistant wasn't able to attend though his wife came in lieu of him and asserted herself. I'd love comments from anyone who was there to tell me how Matt did on his first day LOL. He said he even sang the national anthem. If I didn't have this cough I would have been there. Would have loved to see that and stuff. :-) I'm excited to see how Matt enjoys his new calling. It's good for him. hehe
Tuesday, July 8, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
He did a great job. I wish the circumstances could have been different for him.
I bet he'll soon get into it and love it! Good job on the peas! I LOVE them, never enough
Post a Comment