Yesterday morning I woke up with the shocking realization that this baby is coming soon! The time has flown by and I woke up frantically thinking of all the things I haven't done yet. Nesting hit with a fury! I can seriously spot every tiny speck of dust, every particle of dirt, every spot, stain, or blemish in my house. It's driving me crazy! I guess the worse part is that I lack the energy to go into bionic woman drive and get it all done in a day of fury. I've come down with an annoying cold and cough so I'm not feeling up to all the cleaning despite the fact that it's mentally driving me crazy! I started making lists last night which made Matt really anxious when he saw all the things I needed his help with. He's been really good at helping out with straightening, laundry, dishes, etc but my nesting urge is making me want everything scrubbed, sanitized, shining. Even the baseboards are causing me stress. Today despite being sick and Carter being sick with the same cold and cough he and I managed to get all the toys out of the cupboard under the stairs and sorted again. They had all been throw in hodgepodge and I couldn't deal with it like that despite the closed door. So we pulled everything out, I vacuumed, then we sorted and put things back orderly. I also was able to throw away a basket of junky stuff basket and all. I've also done a few loads of laundry. The problem is finding the extra energy to do the big stuff that I am thinking of like scrubbing floors, pulling out the windows to wash them front and back, scrubbing the baseboards and all the little smudges that are noticeable on walls (another problem with having totally white walls). Oh and I did manage to completely organize the pantry which had gotten a bit confusing. Now what we have is visible and organized so that made me feel better. Still, I have this urge to have everything done now and it's pretty frustrating since I am trying to avoid being around chemicals but I want things spotless so badly. I also gave matt the list (small list) of baby things we need to pick up. I was list crazy last evening for sure. Poor guy. Nothing like getting ready for bed and getting handed lists of needs to do and needs to buy. But I had to do it before I could even try to relax.
I just can't believe I'm so close to having the baby now. It seems so close anyway. Almost 31 weeks and I think 37 is considered full term. It'll be great to see what day she decides to be born on. Matt and I finally decided on the spelling we wanted. He had been leaning towards the traditional spelling (Katharine) but after I wrote both the traditional and common spellings on it we both agreed that this baby is a Katherine with the e not the a. So it's settled. Katherine Lucille Morrison aka Cricket.
Tuesday, July 8, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Now I'm exhausted just by reading all of that. If you want we could organize a house cleaning book club. It's fun to clean and talk.
Now that you mention it do you happen to have that snazzy book about housecleaning the easy way? The title is something like Don't spend all day cleaning or something like that. I need some tips. :-)Becky told me to give Carter an old toothbrush and have him do the baseboards. I'm LOVING that idea. He will probably think it is fun. If not I can always give him a quarter. hahahaha
I'm happy to come help. Cleaning other people's houses is much more fun than my own.
Oh my gosh! I didn't realize it was that soon! Wow. The nesting/cleaning thing never really hit me. I was just determined to have the baby's room painted. I painted over it a few months ago because it was blue and yellow and I don't even like yellow. Pregnancy is weird.
Post a Comment