Friday, July 25, 2008

My Adorable Little Adventurer


Today my adorable little boy and his cute dad went off adventuring. They went back to that trail that was off of the Timpanogos trail and hiked up 2 miles to the waterfalls. Matt took lots of pictures and here are just 3 of them. Carter looks so cute I almost cried. He was so excited as they set off. He tried on the camelbak (we love those things) and looked so cute walking around with it on. Matt said that he did great on the trail and he was very excited. They called me when they reached the waterfalls and amazingly had cell phone reception (thank you T-Mobile!). I got to hear Carter's excited voice and the sounds of the waterfall. I was missing them lots and sad that I wasn't with them however, I was very happy to think of the great father/son time they were having. Carter was very happy when he called and told me how much he loved me. It was very adorable. He came home absolutely filthy with dirt specks all over his face and it was just so adorable. He went straight to the tub where he relaxed and scrubbed for a long time. He told me all about the walk (he said they had to walk for a long time before they got to the waterfall). He said he saw a snake, a cricket, and a squirrel. Carter was also excited to report that there were 2 chihauha (sp) dogs on the trail and he thought that was really cool. Matt took him behind the waterfall too, he said. He had a lot to tell and was pretty hyped up. I thought he'd take a nap but he wouldn't. He's just been playing video games. Matt's asleep right now though. :-) I'm really proud of Carter for doing so well on the trail and being so excited about nature. He's growing up so fast. I'm really proud of Matt for being such a great dad. He saw the trail yesterday and immediately asked Carter if he wanted to come back tomorrow and see the waterfalls. He got Carter all geared up and is so good with him. When Carter threw up on the way home Matt managed to stop and get him all cleaned up and taken care of. I love my boys so much and am so happy that they have together time. Matt's always been great (even in law school when he was working and in school) to have time with Carter but now that Matt is out of school and home more it's great to see them often going to the park or bike rides or playing games etc. I'm a very blessed wife and mom. I'll try to add more of their pictures.

3 comments:

Kristen said...

Is that Stewart Falls?
Looks like fun!

Colleen said...

Cute little guy! Looks like he had a great time. I love Bridal Veil!

Amber Baker said...

So fun! You've inspired me to try a day hike!