So I've decided to put myself on vocal rest. You may remember a couple weeks back I was so sick that I completely lost my voice. I was devastated to not be able to talk and more importantly, sing. So now it's the Christmas season, my very favorite time for church because of all the Christmas hymns. My upper register is still suffering effects from losing my voice entirely and cracks at anything. It's so frustrating. I've been drinking a lot of water but I can still feel so much crap in the bottom of my throat and post nasal drip that I'm sure that's what is causing the problem. So, in an effort to get my voice back enough to be able to actually sing my favorite songs I've decided to voluntarily put myself on vocal rest. This means I'll be writing more emails instead of picking up the phone, talking quieter, and really trying to minimize the stress on my chords while at the same time keeping the house humid and keeping up on the whole lots of water routine. Oh and lucky for Carter and Matt I refuse to raise my voice. So, be prepared for more postings since I'm going to need some sort of outlet. I'll get back to my chatty ways after the 14th which is when I'm singing a duet in church. :-)
Tuesday, December 2, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
I think my family would LOVE if I went on vocal rest! :) Too bad for them. I hope it works for you.
I am having the same problem and I hate it. I love to sing hymns and especially the Christmas hymns. At church the past two weeks if the note is about a B my voice is muted. It totally stinks.
One year my "upper register" cut out at F. Yeah, F right by Middle C. Sad. Anyway, good luck with the vocal rest... that's a real challenge for me! My secret weapon for a sad throat is hot water with honey and lemon. Yummy and soothing. Good luck!!!
Post a Comment