I've always thought that Carter was easy to buy for. He rarely asks for anything in particular and he expresses thanks and excitement about whatever he gets. I wasn't worried this year at all. We'd gotten him some great stuff this summer that we stashed away so Christmas was done. So I thought. In his letter to Santa last night he asked for a toy soldier. No not the plasticky army guys. He wants one of the classic red shirt, white pant, black hat, toy soldiers as seen in The Nutcracker. He and Katherine watched The Nutcracker dvd yesterday and it was adorable to see them so interested in a ballet, something without words! But Carter loves it. Carter still believes in Santa and I'd like to keep it that way for as long as possible. So now I'm on the quest to find a toy soldier. I went to Red Balloon and the employee showed me all their war toys. Not interested. Where can I find a classic toy soldier? FAO Shwartz you would think since that is their mascot. But no. Ebay? There's some really weird ornaments or nutcrackers but only 1 that I would classify as a toy. Do I risk waiting for the auction to end? It'll put me dangerously close to Christmas and what if it goes too high? So I'm stressed trying to wade through google searches most of which result in the plastic war guys. Sigh........ Couldn't he have gotten obsessed with a toy that is easy to find? By the way, this picture is of the ones on ebay. I would think disney would make some from It's A Small World and their parade but so far no luck! I really need some luck finding these.
Friday, December 5, 2008
The Hunt is On.......
I've always thought that Carter was easy to buy for. He rarely asks for anything in particular and he expresses thanks and excitement about whatever he gets. I wasn't worried this year at all. We'd gotten him some great stuff this summer that we stashed away so Christmas was done. So I thought. In his letter to Santa last night he asked for a toy soldier. No not the plasticky army guys. He wants one of the classic red shirt, white pant, black hat, toy soldiers as seen in The Nutcracker. He and Katherine watched The Nutcracker dvd yesterday and it was adorable to see them so interested in a ballet, something without words! But Carter loves it. Carter still believes in Santa and I'd like to keep it that way for as long as possible. So now I'm on the quest to find a toy soldier. I went to Red Balloon and the employee showed me all their war toys. Not interested. Where can I find a classic toy soldier? FAO Shwartz you would think since that is their mascot. But no. Ebay? There's some really weird ornaments or nutcrackers but only 1 that I would classify as a toy. Do I risk waiting for the auction to end? It'll put me dangerously close to Christmas and what if it goes too high? So I'm stressed trying to wade through google searches most of which result in the plastic war guys. Sigh........ Couldn't he have gotten obsessed with a toy that is easy to find? By the way, this picture is of the ones on ebay. I would think disney would make some from It's A Small World and their parade but so far no luck! I really need some luck finding these.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
How about this? http://www.amazon.com/Playmobil-Red-Coat-Soldiers-3/dp/B000GFP3XS or
http://cgi.ebay.com/Christmas-Toy-Soldier-Figures_W0QQitemZ170283997299QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item170283997299&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1205|66%3A2|65%3A12|39%3A1|240%3A1318|301%3A0|293%3A1|294%3A50
How specific was Carter? I like the soldiers you have the picture for. They are the right size to be with the Nutcracker, aren't they? You could just contact the seller and offer to pay $10 or more right now. I really doubt those are going to be much higher than that.
I totally hear you though. I tried searching for it using every kind of thing I could think of, wooden toy soldier, Christmas toy soldier, tin soldier, nutcracker soldier. I even tried marching band toy, you know how popular those are. It's interesting that there are costumes for toy soldiers and they all look like what you are looking for, but when you search for toy soldier you get army guys. Weird. Good luck.
Did you find one? I will keep my eye out. Hey if nothing else works, I do have a toy solider nutcracker you can have. It's Alle's, but we can keep it under wraps!
Post a Comment