Friday, December 26, 2008

Our Family Time




Just a quick update on our Christmas and family time together. Christmas Eve we made a dinner of salmon, green bean casserole that I was craving for some reason, and baked potatoes. We wanted Katherine to be included so Matt set up her highchair and we gave her her first taste of food! She was just a day short of 4 months and honestly has such good head control, makes chewing motions, and is so hungry all the time that we figured we may as well give her some rice cereal. She LOVED it! Yes she's wearing a lot of it in the picture but she was pretty much a natural with the whole chewing and swallowing thing. She smiled a lot which made it spill out of her mouth sometimes. It was adorable. It should be mentioned that her first real meal was by candlelight and so I'm a bit worried about the precedent that is setting. I'm really glad she's in a highchair now and can eat from a spoon like the rest of us utensil using people. I always felt bad having her eye us and smack her lips while she watched us eat. So sad that I'd have to hold her and eat later. Christmas Day it was way too dangerous to drive to Park City so we stayed home and really enjoyed the calm, laid back day. Carter played with his new toys (grandma completely spoiled all of us) and played with Katherine's toys. The kids had their first tea party! So cute I was dying of how cute it was! We really enjoyed spending the day as a family and I loved taking down all the decorations and getting my living room back.

1 comment:

Jennifer Pelo Rawlings said...

That tea party is so adorable. I'm glad you were able to stay home and enjoy the day together. That is the best.