Friday, December 19, 2008

Twilight-The Movie

So I just got back from finally seeing the movie Twilight. I've really enjoyed reading peoples' reviews so I thought I'd post mine. Besides, when I came home from the time out with friends my house was pretty close to completely destroyed. Complete with Carter sitting on the floor surrounded by orange peels and a can of bac o bits. Go figure. Matt said the baby had cried a lot so I feel bad about that. She's asleep now and I decided to steal just a few more minutes before coming back to reality to clean my house.

What I liked and in no particular order:

The cars. Wow! Loved the old truck and the very nice volvo. I've always wanted a volvo but I've always wanted the sedan. This cute sporty thing might have just changed my mind. Besides Carter will be out of a booster soon so I'll only have to fit 1 carseat in the back.

The scenery. Gorgeous! I'm going to have to look into where exactly it was filmed. So pretty. Although Matt's quotes from the paper about how Edward looked like Luke carrying Yoda around on Dagobah kinda ruined the moment.

Carlisle, Alice, Edward and Bella. I actually was impressed with the interaction. I guess I had lower than normal expectations but I thought Edward and Bella did well after the first quarter of the movie. Alice was perfect as was Carlisle.

The house. Holy Moly I want the Cullen's house. Love all the glass and being able to see all the trees. So heavenly.

What I didn't like:

I thought the interaction between Bella and her dad was way too awkwardly portrayed. I just didn't think it was that awkward in the book. A little but actually I thought they were fairly comfortable with eachother and had a closeness that wasn't really spoken but definitely there. I just didn't feel any of that was portrayed though they did place many bella kid projects about to show (overly) that her dad loved her.

The narrative. Come On! Spit it out. Too long and drawn out and definitely trying too hard.

The awkward "budding" stage of the Edward/Bella romance. I know it's high school but I don't remember it ever being that awkward.

The high school characters were greatly exaggerated. Does anyone really act like that in high school? I thought it was more acting on stereotypes than actual high school personas.

The tracker with his shirt off. I actually laughed out loud at how ridiculous he looked. He looked like a deranged version of that one AI contestant Bucky Covington. Sooooo silly. And on that note Victoria could have been a bit more victoria-ish. She did okay at coming off evil but I think there could have been more character molding with that one.

All in all I'm so glad I got to see it and thought it was very cute. In fact I recommend it. :-)

7 comments:

Marilena I. said...

You didn't mention Jacob. I thought he was gorgeous. I am a fan of Jacob after reading New Moon.

Colleen said...

That's funny, I thought the awkwardness between Bella and her dad was perfect, the initial awkwardness between Edward and Bella also perfect, and the annoyingness of high school kids spot on too. :)

I do agree with you about James being silly and Victoria not being quite right. The hair alone - how many times did it mention how blazing red it was in the book? Strawberry blond didn't quite cut it.

I'm glad you finally got to see it!

Amber Baker said...

I loved it again, I was wishing it was out on DVD.

Jennifer Pelo Rawlings said...

I agree about Victoria's hair. It did have leaves in it though and it was wild. I just wish they had gotten the color right. Also, I don't think she was wild enough. She seemed more civilized than the book made her out to be.

The Cullen's house was awesome. It wasn't the house from the book, but it was amazing.

partypatt said...

I too thought Victoria's hair should have been much more red....but I loved James and the other characters. By the way, they are replacing the actor who played Jacob in the movie....they want someone bigger for the next movie, which comes out next November. I'm excited to go see Twilight again!

partypatt said...

By bigger I mean physically bigger...apparently Taylor Lautner just isn't big enough. Too bad, I thought he was cute and perfect for the role,and I had read an article in the newspaper in which he said he was excited for the next installment of the series because Jacob has a much bigger role. Now he'll have to watch another actor get the job.

pat said...

I just read that Taylor Lautner is trying to beef up and has gained 16 lbs. in hopes of getting the role again. Good luck, Taylor!