Yes today is a better day. Maybe having all the clothes finally clean helped me to get a grip. Well that and when the baby has slept I have been addressing our Christmas photo cards which turned out absolutely adorable. That definitely helped my mood. Nothing like staring at a cute picture of my kids to improve my disposition. I used the color picture of the kids looking at eachother and the background is black and white with red ribbon. You can see the design on snapfish, I totally love it. Sending them out to family, some of whom will be surprised to see Katherine since some people didn't even know I was pregnant and I failed to send out birth announcements. I totally flaked out on that. I'm bummed about it but I think it's too late to send any now. The Christmas card will have to do. The baby has been feeling a little better today. She is still a bit fussy and still hungry a lot but at the moment she is sucking her hands and sitting on my lap. Carter and Matt are doing a science experiment on the kitchen floor. I have no idea what. They just got an idea from a book of experiments and asked me for tape and thread so we'll see what happens. I should probably supervise better. Anyone who comes to the porch will observe the black stains from them lighting those fourth of july snakes on the porch. Brilliant. That alone should have taught me to better supervise the 2 of them.
And now for an update on the wooden soldier. I read in the paper that Ballet West has a gift shop with items themed from The Nutcracker. I fully plan on calling the theatre and/or exploited friends who are attending to see if they sell wooden toy soldiers there. This might work out after all. Carter's 2 good friends have asked for Nintendo DS. So Carter came home today with a letter to santa that the teacher had them write at school and it said "Dear Santa I want Nintendo DS thank you!" I sat Carter on my lap and explained that the DS does not come with games and that the games were a lot of money and so it made more sense for him to get games for the wii he already has so that we can all play together and not have to buy all new games. He readily agreed and told me he wouldn't mail the letter to santa then since he didn't want a DS anymore. Whew! Dodged that bullet! He is however still completely convinced that Santa will bring him a wooden toy soldier since he wants one so badly. It's more in Santa's budget anyway. That is, if Santa can ever find one.
Tuesday, December 9, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
I'm glad you are feeling better. There's nothing like a day of crazyiness and no sleep to make a mommy grumpy. I get that way sometimes too. I tend to get more impatient rather than down. My kids would probably rather I keep quiet. This list switching thing has GOT to stop. I think I threw such a hissy about the last item, Annabelle keeps saying, "Just that, mom, just that". Good luck on your quest! I am hoping to attend the nutcracker, so I'll keep an eye out!
My Christmas cards were always my birth announcements. I don't think there's anything wrong with that.
I always tell my kids that I have already contacted Santa about their original requests and that there is no changing it. Good luck.
I never sent out baby announcements for Elijah and he was my first! It honestly just never crossed my mind. How's a new mom supposed to know stuff like that?!
Post a Comment