I hadn't stayed in a nice hotel in almost a decade so I was really excited when we pulled up to the valet and walked into the luxurious lobby. This hotel is in Harbor Bay in San Diego. One of the greatest things about it is that you can sit on the balcony and watch the ships go by. We got to our room and Carter got all excited! He ran into the bathroom and grabbed one of the very nicely folded (not like a regular fold, some fancy fold) washcloth and ran back into the room saying "Look how fancy and organized everything is!" So cute. I loved that the balcony also overlooked the pool and jacuzzi. It was really neat to see Carter so happy about everything there. I love that he was able to have such a great experience and stay at such a nice place like I was able to many times in my childhood. I think you always want to give your kids everything you had and experienced and so this was just really really cool for me. And just so you don't think we won the lottery, my parents footed the bills. Their room was across the hall with my nieces. The pool was divine and had 3 bronze seahorse statues that squirted water into the pool. Of course the kids loved that and even Katherine would pull on my arm or Matt's to kind of steer us toward the middle where all three streams met and she'd laugh and splash in the middle of it all. When she got too cold I got her out and went up to the room and then fed her on the balcony while watching large ships go by and while watching the rest of the gang swim. Now I know why some celebrities live in nice hotels. Who needs a house when you can be in such a nice place? I was very sad to check out but so happy for the experience!
Thursday, July 2, 2009
The Hotel
I hadn't stayed in a nice hotel in almost a decade so I was really excited when we pulled up to the valet and walked into the luxurious lobby. This hotel is in Harbor Bay in San Diego. One of the greatest things about it is that you can sit on the balcony and watch the ships go by. We got to our room and Carter got all excited! He ran into the bathroom and grabbed one of the very nicely folded (not like a regular fold, some fancy fold) washcloth and ran back into the room saying "Look how fancy and organized everything is!" So cute. I loved that the balcony also overlooked the pool and jacuzzi. It was really neat to see Carter so happy about everything there. I love that he was able to have such a great experience and stay at such a nice place like I was able to many times in my childhood. I think you always want to give your kids everything you had and experienced and so this was just really really cool for me. And just so you don't think we won the lottery, my parents footed the bills. Their room was across the hall with my nieces. The pool was divine and had 3 bronze seahorse statues that squirted water into the pool. Of course the kids loved that and even Katherine would pull on my arm or Matt's to kind of steer us toward the middle where all three streams met and she'd laugh and splash in the middle of it all. When she got too cold I got her out and went up to the room and then fed her on the balcony while watching large ships go by and while watching the rest of the gang swim. Now I know why some celebrities live in nice hotels. Who needs a house when you can be in such a nice place? I was very sad to check out but so happy for the experience!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
such fun!!
it looks sooo fun! I want to stay in that nice hotel. :) I can't believe K is already up and movin'. CRAZY!!!!!!!!!
Oooh, I could totally get into hotel living! Especially room service breakfast. It looks like you had a super wonderful time!!!
I love nice hotels and that one looks really nice. I wish I was there.
Wow! I wish someone would foot the bill for me once in awhile! That hotel looks amazing. I'm glad you had such a great trip!
Post a Comment