So I will admit to feeling very overwhelmed by my housework. I spend most of my day every day just trying to help Katherine to not hurt herself. I swear the kid was born with ZERO survival instincts. She goes from power cord to trying to get off outlet covers, to pinching fingers in doors, figuring out how to get safety latches off of doors, eating grass and wood chips, getting the gate off of the stairs since it doesn't fit flush against the walls, etc. So I always feel behind in my work and the laundry got a bit out of control. Okay that is an understatement. So since Carter is older I figured there's no reason why he can't be helpful with the laundry the way he is helpful with Katherine and with taking out garbage and the other little things he helps me with. I asked him to go into his room and to make 2 piles, one white and one dark clothes. The background info is that his room has dirty clothes on the floor scattered from after the basket was full (told you it got out of control). After I put my clothes away I walked into his room to start his laundry. "A terrible sight met my eyes" -frosty the snowman. He had taken out all the clothes that were still in his dresser and sorted them into the 2 piles with all the other clothes. I realized immediately that I hadn't specified "dirty clothes" and we all know that Carter is the most literal kid around. In my quest for saving time and energy I created 10 times the amount of work. At least I got a very good laugh out of it. It was laugh or cry and I thought it was hilarious. While laughing I told Carter that I had meant the dirty clothes and he got a funny smile on his face and said "Oops. Sorry!" Then he said "Mom are you going to tell everyone?" My reply "Absolutely."
On another note Carter will be selling books at Park tonight from 7-9pm (yes we'll be there too). He priced them 25 cents each and wants to get other books with the proceeds. If you don't get this post in time give me a call. The books were stacked all over the place and we really needed to downsize and he wants more chapter books so it all works out. We have a costco size diaper box almost full to sell.
Wednesday, July 8, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
That laundry story is hilarious!! :)
What a good helpful boy.
He is so cute. I am happy he is helpful.
Post a Comment