Friday, June 27, 2008

Sea World

Today we went to Sea World! We had a great time with our friends Nancy and Kevin. The boys sang the Indiana Jones theme song practically the whole car ride and pretended to be flying to Endor. So cute! They had so much energy they were able to play tag the whole day as we walked from one attraction to another. We did the dolphin feeding first which was so wonderful! Dolphins are such incredible creatures! I just love them! We went to the dolphin show but Carter did not get wet so we had to stay for the second show and sit further down in the soak zone. Wow! We really got soaked. The saying "be careful what you wish for" came to mind. Luckily Nancy had brought ponchos for her and I and we had put the boys in their swimsuits so that they'd dry faster. The boys laughed and laughed about getting wet. They thoroughly enjoyed it all. After the show they got to get their picture taken with one of the trainers! So nice! We saw the moray eels (below) and the bat rays (my personal fav). They even got to feed the bat rays. They are very slick and suck up the fish in their mouth which is under their body. They are way cool. Shamu put on quite a show for them by turning over and jumping a couple times. The penquins were cute and we had a wonderful day. :-) I'm sure Carter will be talking about him and Kevin getting soaked by the pilot whales for ages!


3 comments:

Amber Baker said...

Looks like SO much fun! That moray eel behind the boys in the picture looks a little spooky to me!

Jennifer Pelo Rawlings said...

How fun. I want to go to Sea World. I love the pictures. It's amazing how children suddenly forget how to smile naturally and then they start to fake cheeser smile.

Colleen said...

I love Sea World! It looks like Carter is about photo-d out by the last picture there! I hope you had a fantastic time on your trip and aren't TOO depressed by coming home. :)