Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Laguna Beach


Today we went to Laguna Beach. It is a beautiful beach and the best part is that there are tide pools! Carter had so much fun! He got totally wet rolling around in the surf and letting the waves hit him. He loved finding shells but especially loved touching the hermit crabs and sea anenomes in the tide pools. His confidence is definitely up since the last time we came to visit and it was nice but a bit nerve racking to see him get further and further out. I stayed close so I could rescue if needed since the waves can be powerful but he handled it on his own and had a terrific time. In fact, I had to promise him that I'd bring him back to get him to leave. I asked him to pick mission or come back to the beach and he picked coming back to the beach. I'm a bit sad about that since I love the mission but I want this vacation to be a really special time for him and if that is what he wants then so be it. I may manage to squeeze in the mission after all but we'll just have to see. I definitely didn't want him thinking they were both a guarantee since I have such limited energy. He's having a great vacation and it's nice to be able to visit with my parents. Not sure what the plans are for tomorrow. Just taking things slowly and going with the flow.

3 comments:

Amber Baker said...

The beach--oh I wish I was there! You guys are having way to much fun!

Kristen said...

We saw tidal pools in Northern Ca last summer and my kids really loved it! Got to hold starfish! Such fun.
It's great to hear you are having a great time.

Jennifer Pelo Rawlings said...

I WANT TO GO TO THE BEACH!!!!