So today is maintenance day at our house. Matt works from home on Fridays so I set all the service appts for today so that matt would have to deal with it all. Our dryer stopped working with a load of clothes in it...argh. Luckily one of Matt's clients is an absolute genius with fixing things. He's fixed our telephone line, water heater, installed our down draft oven, light fixtures, dishwasher. You name it he fixes it! The best part about it is that it's set up like a trade so we don't pay out of pocket, the work he does comes off his bill. So, this morning he was here bright and early to fix the dryer! So nice! Also, our water softener had stopped working so the service guy came out to fix it. He had to do some stuff to it and then tested the water. The outside water (reg eagle mountain water) was hardness 21 yikes! After going through the water softener our inside water was cold 1 and hot 7. It made me feel better to know that that dang thing actually works. I've gotten so use to the feel of the water that I don't really notice the difference anymore. I do as far as the drinking water but not the washing water. Anyway, that boosted my confidence in the machine. It's about 10:30 and Matt and I are breathing a sigh of relief knowing that all the repairs are done so the rest of the day should be relaxing. It just feels better when we are not stressed about things being broken. It's just better Feng Shui.
This morning I got up early for my glucose sugar test. :-( I had to drink that awful drink and then go get a blood test. I wasn't happy about the no sugar for 12 hours before the test. Last night I was craving sugar like crazy. I had tried to stay off of it all day instead of just the 12 hours. I felt so sick yesterday. Today I feel much better. Even the test did not make me sick like it did when I was pregnant with Carter. Not sure if that is a good thing of not.
After the blood test I passed by that Dough Girls and Boys Bakery that Jen Rawlings had posted about. I decided to try it out. It looks like they have delicious breads, cakes, and all sorts of yummy treats. I saw these fresh berry tarts so I bought 3 of those (one for each of us) and a pumpkin pie bar. Carter devoured his tart and we haven't tried the pumpkin bar yet but it looks delicious! Thanks Jen for recommending this place!
Cricket is moving like crazy this morning! It must have been the sugar test or something though usually when I have sugar I haven't noticed any change of movement. It's usually after protein like eggs or meat that she really gets kicking. I'm 27 weeks today. I cannot believe how the time is flying by. I really hope it continues to go this fast. I'm just so happy and excited. I just want to see her! I've been wondering what she'll look like. Odds are that she'll have thick black hair like Carter did but who knows. We have red hair on 3 out of 4 sides of the family (my grandma on my dad's side, matt's grandma on his mom's side, and matt's dad's side). Matt has blue eyes and both of his parents have blue eyes and so does my dad but obviously they are all recessive since Carter got my eyes. :-) I love the mirror image of our eye color. Since Carter looks SO much like Matt I like seeing at least a little of me in him. Carter has my dad's ears and I love them so much. I call them his Inman ears. Whenever his shirt gets caught and hurts his ears he cries "Mommy kiss my Inman ears!" It's so cute! So yes, I'm totally rambling, it's just that I get more excited every day to see what Cricket will look like, what traits she'll have, and who we can match them to.
I'm also getting really excited about our Cali trip! Carter and I will leave on Friday provided that I get the all clear from my doctor the day before. I'm so excited to see my family and hang out in the pool everyday. I definitely have stuff that I want to see (the santa ana zoo where I took Carter all the time, the mission, etc) but we are only staying a week and I am committing to not overdoing it while I am there. I need the pool and the rest, oh and the sushi veggie rolls, the frozen bananas from trader joes, the smell of the ocean, etc etc. :-) Oh and I may come home to a painted house! Wouldn't that be awesome! When Matt's client was here he asked if there was anything else he could do to help pay off the bill. I suggested paint so Matt's going to try to arrange that. I am crossing my fingers. A previous client was supposed to paint the house to pay his bill but he never showed up and went completely missing. :-( So I try to not get my hopes up about trades. Well I better go visiting teaching. Sorry for the rambling!
Friday, June 13, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Hmm... You reminded me that I need to get salt for our water softener. We've been really bad about keeping it up so it's just been turned off for like 8 months! It really is easier to keep the shower clean with soft water though. I'm so excited for you that you get to go to CA next week! Take lots of pictures.
We love your ramblings. Keep it up.
Nobody eats as much pure sugar as that glucose stuff is and you were fasting previously so Cricket is probably reacting to the shot of sugar.
I'm glad you liked the bakery. I originally found out from Jenn Maroney so she is really the one to thank.
Bring me back a frozen banana, okay? Or at least take a picture of it for me.
wonderful ramblings!
In our family blue eyes seem to be the dominant genetic trait. All 3 of my kids are blue-eyed, despite my browns. Same in Matt's generation: he and his 3 sisters all have blues despite his dad's browns. Crazy!
I am so jealous that you get to go to Trader Joe's!!! That is one of the VERY FEW things I miss about Philly. (and one of the VERY MANY things I miss about Boston & Chicago!) Have fun!
Post a Comment