So...YES Carter was able to get on the Indy Jones ride! I held my breath as he was measured. The attendant was super diligent. She removed his hat and had him stand against the post and methodically almost medically looked to make sure he met the height requirement. He got by by the hairs on his head! He and my niece, dad, and brother, had waited in line for a few minutes when an announcement was made that the ride had mechanical failure and was closed. He was a bit down about it but quickly recovered since he wanted a pineapple float from the tiki room and to watch the tiki show. After that we went back to IJ ride and it was working again. I held my breath again as a new attendant measured him just as methodically. I waited for them to get off the ride and hoped that it wouldn't break down again. When he got off the ride he told me he liked it but that it was scary. I have only been on it once and it was when I was in high school so I don't remember much about it. From what he is telling me I sure forgot a lot! My brother told me that Carter was pulled out of the line by attendants and measured like 4 times during the wait and right before getting on. It's amazing how diligent they are but I remember the ride is pretty rough so I'm glad they are careful and really glad that Carter was tall enough. Yesterday is was SUPER HOT! Not kidding. It was a scorcher! I had to sit down and rest most of the time that they were on rides. I did get to ride the Buzz ride and broke my record. For the record I am a pilot ranger 1st class now with a score of 305,700. WooHoo!!!! Anyway, the kids got to ride Grand Rapids in Cali Adventure and also the Soaring Over Cali, they also got on Star Tours. It's my all time fav because I am such a star wars fanatic. Obviously I couldn't go on it but I used the time to teach my youngest niece to say Jedi Master, the force, and other star wars vocabulary. I also took this rockin' picture of the star tours mural. I love it. I may frame it. The kids also got to ride Pirates, Nemo, and some others. The squirting fans my mom bought them saved all of us. I had to keep telling the kids to squirt me with them. I also drank 7 bottles of water and one was a 23 ouncer! It was just as hot as the sahara must be but it was very fun and nice to see Carter so happy. Today we've visited my old ward and with relatives and just relaxed. I've needed it to make up for yesterday. Carter's been playing with his cousins, going to the park with my dad, and playing tetherball and checkers with him. He's quite happy. We miss Matt though. I called him at 3:30am this morning when I woke up after a nightmare. He was wide awake. He said he couldn't sleep without me so he'd stayed awake all night reading books and watching tv downstairs. He's going to be embarrassed that I mentioned it but I found it so endearing how could I not share? He's so sweet and I miss him already. We talked for about an hour and then as the sky started to get lighter he thought he'd try to dose a bit. Such a sweet guy. I'm really lucky and blessed and grateful for my family. That's all for now. :-)
Sunday, June 22, 2008
Cali!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Ahh! That's cute. You guys seem to have a great relationship. I remember one of the first times we met you were talking about buying your home and said "Buying this house and marrying Matt were the best things I've ever done." That really really impressed me. Take care of that baby and I'm realyl really glad Carter got to ride IJ. I bet he's having a blast!
Wow! Pilot Ranger 1st Class, huh? That is super impressive. I'm glad you made it through that hot day. Did you run into anyone interesting at church? That is sweet about Matt. I don't think there's anything in the world that could keep Kenneth awake when he wants to sleep. Babies, car alarm, dog diarrhea, dog barf? Nope, sleeping like the dead.
Post a Comment