It's official! I had my ultrasound today and Cricket is a girl! Matt and Carter were able to come to the ultrasound with me and so it was a neat family experience! Carter told the technician that he knew it was a girl! He's been saying all along that he wants a baby sister. He was so excited that Matt had a bit of a time trying to get him to not run around the office. The baby wasn't cooperating (fetal position with legs crossed though and back towards the front) so the ultrasound took awhile as the tech slowly made sure each organ and part of the baby was measured and reviewed for any problems. She and the doctor said that everything looks good. We are so excited to be welcoming a new addition to our family! After the ultrasound we waited to see the doctor. As we waited the name wars began. I had suggested Katharine awhile back and Carter had stubbornly said that we couldn't because that is grandma's name. I explained that grandma's name is Kathleen and not Katharine but that Katharine would be a nice name because it is kind of like grandma's name. Then, Carter decided that Cricket's name should rhyme with grandma's name and he's been holding fast to the name he thought of "Baleen" as in the stuff that some whales have to help them keep their food in their mouths. Hysterical but it's not happening. So in the packed waiting room we have Carter talking loudly that the baby should be named Baleen, me mentioning that right now I am leaning more towards Katharine Cecilia, and Matt saying hey that's not fair I thought we had settled on Katharine Lucille (more fair because it's a name from each family not just my side). It was surreal. Once Carter remembered the name Katharine Lucille he said he changed his mind and wants Cricket's name to be Katharine Lucia after his friend Lucia. At this point I'm thinking I'll either stick with the original name or we'll stick with the name Cricket which is what we've been calling her for weeks! Just kidding :-) So anyway, we are all very happy and excited (though I must say I am a bit nervous because of the curse my mother and uncle have put on me that all my mischief and drama will come back to get me in the form of me having a girl just like me). Well, I've very tired and tomorrow we have baseball pictures, baseball game, enrichment, and Carter's award ceremony so we are off to bed!
Friday, May 2, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
YAY!!! I am so excited for you! Girls are so much fun, Jen, you guys are going to love it. I talked to Matt awhile back about what he might think if it was a girl and he said something like "I'll be fine with it if it's a boy. . .it's what I'm used to. I'm not sure I'll know what to do with a girl." We laughed about it. He'll know what to do. Before he knows it he'll be wrapped around her tiny finger.
Some bad news for us, my appt was scheduled for tuesday, but they called me yesterday to tell me that my insurance covers $75 of it, and we would owe $1000! Needless to say, we cancelled the appointment. We'll just have to wait until we can figure something else out I guess. . .But either way I am bringing those clothes!!! I kept all the ones that are most precious to me, and remember I had twins, so if I do have a girl I still have two of everything. Some people don't understand why I want to get rid of most of it, but really, I don't need it. I think I really only had to buy clothes for the girls when they turned two, everyone had given us so much! And I still feel like it's a boy for us, so it's not really hard for me to rid myself of my giant stash of girl clothes.
Anyway, congrats! We'll be up on the 23, and we don't have a cell, so I will try to call before we leave to give you a heads up so we can get together.
Congratulations!! That's so exciting! :)
I'm so happy for you!!!! Hooray for baby girls!!!
The name game is so fun. Katharine will be well loved. I'm so very happy for you guys.
I love those names! Cecelia is one of my favorites, thanks to Simon and Garfunkel. :)
One of my uncles was actually engaged to a girl named Cricket. Seriously.
Post a Comment