So I decided against getting a new couch after all. Yesterday was busy with Carter having a baseball game and birthday party to attend and I spent the morning before the baseball game garage sale-ing. I got a few things to sell this week mostly toy boxes and a table and chairs. We'll see how it goes. Anyway, after we picked Carter up we went to the RC willey outlet. It was packed of course and I quickly got frustrated. I was frustrated mostly because Carter wanted everything and didn't understand why Matt didn't want a red couch and why I didn't want a green one. Argh. It was frustrating to see Carter so emotional he must be stressed out with the whole end of school, end of LD, anticipation of the baby, etc. I also realized that matt and I have different priorities about furniture shopping. We had never gone before so it was interesting. He goes for the cheaper the better and I go for the cheaper the better but I want something that won't fall apart since I doubt we'll ever replace what we get. Needless to say, there wasn't anything there that I liked that I would actually pay that amount for. I guess I didn't realize how expensive furniture is even with sales. Carter read the banner that said free hot dogs and soda so off he and Matt went and I looked around a bit longer. Overall, I've been to 5 furniture stores and just decided that I was being ridiculous. So, I found the boys and Carter finished his hot dog and we left. We went to Olive Garden where we used the gift certificate one of my students gave me to have a very enjoyable meal. Matt had the brilliant idea of waiting to get couches until his mom gets sick of hers and then we can offer to buy hers used thus getting a great deal. I told him that we are 30 year olds living off of second hand everything so he's right why stop now! We had some laughs about that. When we got home I quickly went and turned the ripped cushion around so I won't have to see the biggest tear. It's not as obvious backwards as I thought it would be and I can feel good knowing I'm saving money. After all, I get my last paycheck on Tuesday and come September we'll have some exciting expenses that I'll be thankful for every day so this is just smarter after all. When you come to visit make sure you tell me how wonderfully comfortable my couch is. It'll make me feel even smarter. LOL!
Sunday, May 25, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I hate furniture shopping as well. It's nice to have new stuff, it's not nice trying to find the stuff. Kenneth, in the past, was always about the quality and the cheap price. Those usually don't run in the same circles. I want that as well, but I tend to be a bit more realistic. Suddenly, he has been converted to IKEA. Cute and cheap, but not always the best quality. I don't really understand because he will flip flop between his quality and cheapness requirements. It's frustrating. I totally get why you are sticking with your couch, and it is sooooo comfy.
Post a Comment