Thursday, May 8, 2008

Whoa!


The picture says it all doesn't it? I gasped in horror on the way home from work today when I saw that gas prices went up another 10 cents OVER NIGHT! I have half a tank so I wasn't planning on filling up yet. Now I am kicking myself for not topping off yesterday when I could have saved myself 10 cents/gallon. Saying as it's probably going to keep going up maybe I should run out tonight and fill up before it goes up another 10 cents! In fact I should probably fill up at 3/4 tank just so that in the long run I'm paying less. We are at $3.49 for regular here at the station closest to us. For all you California readers please comment on what you're paying. Last I heard my mom was paying $4.05 for premium. So this is just my posting lamenting about fuel costs. Crazy crazy! We definitely won't be driving as many places this summer and I've already changed my garage sale route. I just can't justify driving long distances hoping for a killer deal. I'll be staying more local from now until the gas prices come down a bit!

4 comments:

Kristen said...

yeah, I'm thinking our summer road trip has been thrown out the window. And I am oh, so sad. Not sure what to do about it. :(

kathy inman said...

Sign is pretty funny. Paid $4.19 a gallon for Costco gas in Tustin, Ca. I am for taking the taxes off of gas for awhile especially for the holiday and summer. I hope that measure goes through. We are in bondage to the oil companies that's for sure. Hugs. Kathy

Colleen said...

That picture is great.

Jennifer Pelo Rawlings said...

So sad and crazy. I don't know when it's going to stop or slow down. It's very much the whole frog in the cold water thing. I remember when we moved to Utah 11 years ago and the gas was a little over $1/gal. When it was over $2 we were freaking out and then we got used to it. Then when it was over $3 we freaked out, but as long as it was close to $3 we were okay. Now that it is sneaking toward $4, or is already there in some places, we are starting the freak out thing again. I really don't know what the answer is.