Thursday, May 1, 2008

Utah County Essay Contest


I just got a call this morning from the Utah County office to let me know that Carter won 3rd place for the Utah County "Why My Booster Seat is Cool" essay contest! The awards ceremony where they give away the prizes and take pictures will take place Saturday at 12:30 at the RC Willey in Orem! We are so excited for Carter! I wish I had made a copy of his essay to post. Hopefully we'll get a copy so I can post it. I love 6 year old logic. I know he mentioned that his booster is cool because it has lights so he can read or play games in the dark but the essay was submitted in early March so I can't really remember what else he wrote about. I remember thinking it was adorable and the lady on the phone said it was "so cute." Anyway, we just wanted to share the good news with family and friends in case you can come on Saturday. Here's the picture of him in his booster. It had to be submitted with the essay. :-)

4 comments:

Amber Baker said...

Awesome job Carter! He is so smart and cute! You are a great example of car seat safety.

Sara said...

Congratulations Carter! I am so proud of him!

bonitinha said...

Congrats! That's so cool!

Colleen said...

So cute! I'm sure the picture didn't hurt. :)