Tuesday, June 2, 2009

A great time of year!




I love that tomorrow is the last day I'll have to schlep Carter to school until late August! I love that we've had so many fun things to do recently and I love the way things are going and hope they continue! Katherine is crawling all over the place, opening cabinets, figuring out how to take the lock off the entertainment center cabinet, discovering the stairs, and just being all cute and round. She really doesn't like to get a new diaper or get dressed or have her hair done though and I think it's bizarre that that has started already! Carter has had lots of adventures lately and is asleep within seconds of hitting the pillow at night. He's exhausted but happily. His hair has been getting really long so it was time for a haircut. Since he's out of school I decided to let him get his hair cut however he'd like. He looked through a style book with the hairstylist and picked one. I cringed to see those clippers! Carter's all forehead but I want him to have some choices (occasionally at least :-) ) so I let him go for it. Here's the proof. He likes it and he's happy so I'm happy for him. But we will be growing it out a bit before school. Until then, I'm excited to not have to pay for a haircut for a while. So goes our life, new teeth, needing new shoes for Carter, fun walks, enjoying pony express day activities, standing in line forever for games with cheap little prizes that somehow he treasures, reading good books, watching how every day seems to be a new milestone made. Yesterday I took the kids to the dino museum and my new reality came into focus. It's was the baby's first time to see the museum in person and connect it with all those sounds she heard in utero. I just felt such completeness having both my kids there. It felt so unbelievable thinking back on all the times Carter and I have been there and how they now include another little dinosaur enthuiast. Carter is able to reach the sand water table from the outside ledges instead of him having to crawl into the middle section and it won't be long until Katherine wants to crawl in the middle section to play. It just seemed so amazing to me. Missed Carter and Matt while they were at "man camp" and realized just how much I treasure it when we are all together. I was glad to miss my husband so that I could feel what it's like without him by my side. I decided I much prefer having him here with me.

3 comments:

partypatt said...

Oh, Jen, they both look so cute! Well, all three, I mean! You are such a good mother, full of enthusiasm for teaching your children about the wonderful world around them. Thanks for sharing the pictures!

Jennifer Pelo Rawlings said...

Yay for summer. It is a magical time.

bonitinha said...

Carter looks so much older with his summer hair! I think it's adorable!