We ended up taking K to the doctor yesterday. She was/is wheezing so she's doing breathing treatments here at home every 6 hours. She had a pretty good night last night and we are so thankful for that. She slept well for several hours. The congestion bothers her when she is awake but when she's asleep she seems okay so we are glad for her that she's getting rest. Hopefully all the extra sleep will give her some extra energy to fight the bug. Matt and I did alternating 3 hour shifts and that worked really well. Maybe it's just the adrenaline but I felt alert and awake with no problem. She's eaten pretty well today too so we are happy for that too. She bats away the blue bulb syringe the second she sees it coming. It makes her SO mad! I guess she got my temper after all. I just didn't ever see it until now. She also bats away the nebulizer thingy so that's been interesting trying to keep it in front of her. Here's a picture of a smile from a couple days ago. My camera takes so long to take the picture that this is just the very end of a very adorable smile. Her little eyes smile when she smiles. It's so adorable. Even last night she made some cute faces despite being uncomfortable so I'm glad that she still has those happy moments even though she's sick. Here's a picture of her sleeping in her swing today. It's great because it keeps her elevated.
Carter's been really acting out with Matt and I focused on the baby. His behavior at the doctor's office yesterday was completely out of character and with the baby sick and me being sick I was seriously on my last nerve with him. I guess it really showed since this morning he told me that I am Rabbit from Winnie the Pooh because I am so bossy. NICE! Will the real Carter please come back!

7 comments:
I am glad you got some sleep last night. It's a wonder what sleep can do. I hope you guys start feeling better soon. I can't imagine Carter ever acting up. He is always a perfect angel. Let me know if I can help.
We had to do the nebulizer thing with Adrienne for a little bit when she was a baby, too. It's scary when they are wheezing.
Good luck!
Get some sleep seriously! I;m glad she's feeling better. Too bad we can't have Carter over, maybe tommorrow. The health dept said Annabelle is no longer contagious! yeah!
I'm glad K is doing better and so are you! The thing with Carter will pass when you all get back to normal. And he IS at the age where kids start to get pretty independent. Anyway, so glad you are all doing better! I was worried!
PS You DO realize how hard it is for a child to print a K? Not to mention how long the name Morrison is. hahahahaha I guess I always think like a preschool teacher!
Poor Carter! And poor baby K.
I'm so glad you were able to get some rest, at least I hope when it was your turn to sleep you were sleeping. That smile is so cute. Carter is right on track. He will settle down soon, by soon I mean eventually.
Post a Comment