
So this year I almost forgot Matt's birthday...almost. He gently reminded me a couple days ago that he was excited that his birthday was going to be on Tuesday. His mention of it shocked me. I thought "How can it possibly be his birthday already?" The time is just flying by. Of course I had no gift, no card, nothing. Since it's tomorrow Carter and I ran out tonight and got the licorice he wanted and a little surprise. I let Carter pick out a card too. I was tempted to try to get him back for the awful card he picked for me on my birthday. He had given me a card that showed 2 guys on the front having a tater tot eating contest. The gist of the inside was something about trying to cram 30 tater tots in your mouth. He had been looking for a funny card for me for my 30th birthday but hello a pregnant, overweight, and oversensitive wife doesn't want a card laughing about shoving tater tots down. I could tell by his reaction to my reaction that he had actually thought I'd think it was funny. Oh the poor man. Anyway, I swallowed my pride instead of tater tots and decided not to get him back.
Carter and I did have a fun time going out together tonight. He sang Christmas songs the whole way there and the whole way back. He loved opening every single musical card and was actually pretty good at costco (probably because he was excited to see Sister McGrath there). We did our shopping and then I treated him to a hot dog and soda. Where else can you feed 2 people for $3? We had a good conversation and just enjoyed being together. Then I came home with a stomachache to rival stomach aches. Seems my stomach is not used to eating GARBAGE! I haven't eaten a hot dog in forever and my body does not like all that meat and grease now. Ugh. I want to puke just thinking about it. Never again my friends. Never again. I've learned my lesson about eating garbage. In fact I had just been reading old testament rules about eating and wow does it make sense. A lot of it I already do since I went through an extremely kosher stage and still try to be as kosher as possible. Anyway, I must have overlooked the no hot dogs even if they say they are kosher. Surely it's got to be in there somewhere. Just say no to hot dogs.

3 comments:
I'm with you on the hotdogs - so disgusting!
And sorry, you don't get the bad wife award unless you really do actually forget his b-day (which you didn't). So, too bad for you. :)
Yeah, I don't think you get the award. You have had sick kids and sick you and you didn't forget it completely.
I only love certain hot dogs. I had my first polish dog at Costco last week. I didn't love it. I shared it with Dylan so it wasn't too bad.
I get an occasional hankering for a hot dog, as disgusting as they are. And yeah, Matt was smart to remind you. Jim would never let me forget his birthday!
Post a Comment