So here's a picture of our mii family for wii fit. We are loving wii fit. It's so awesome! It measures you (you stand on the board) and it calculates weight and BMI, center of balance, etc. The games are totally fun and the program is so motivational! The more time you spend on it the more games you can "unlock." Carter's unlocked some really cool games but I have to put in the same amount of time to unlock them for my character and so far Carter is totally ahead. Oh and once your BMI is calculated your mii inflates so that it looks more realistic, hence the plump mii of me! Oh well, I'm still down 21 pounds since delivery so I'm stoked. Anyway, wii fit is way fun and we are really enjoying the competition and excitement as a family.
Last night Katherine slept for over 5 hours straight! I woke up a few times to check on her but since she is in a cradle right next to my bed I didn't spend a lot of time awake when checking on her. I woke up feeling so much more rested than I have been. It was SO nice! So nice that I felt up to visiting the gardens! It was our first real trip out of the house (excluding hospital and doctor visits). The gardens were gorgeous! The roses so fragrant and I just loved soaking it all in. Katherine was up for about the first 10 minutes. She got to hear and see the waterfalls and I like to think she really enjoyed all the sights, sounds,and smells of the garden. I sure do! It felt just like old times and I was able to walk a lot! Jen and I were there for about 2 hours. The gardens are just perfect and it was a perfectly wonderful outing. The flowers are all still pretty and some of the trees have started to turn so that was really neat too. I felt great, back to my old self and I loved that. I also managed to get an errand done and a bunch of stuff posted on freecycle and out of my house (Hooray)! I even managed to "cook" dinner. Okay so the word cook is a stretch since it was peanut butter and jelly sandwiches and a can of apricots. :-) But still, it's progress. Now, I'm tired. I think my pace was pretty much my old pace (not fast since I like to really enjoy the sights but not turtle slow (at least I hope not). I definitely feel achy in my legs now though and that's probably because it's been a while since I walked that long. The time just flew by though! Physically I feel recovered from delivery however on Sunday I started having shooting pain down my back and legs. It's pretty intense when it hits. I'm thinking it's pain caused by something that happened during my epidural nightmare. It stinks that I'm having pain from it when it didn't even work but with all those puncture wounds I imagine I'm bound to have some effects from it (other than the hideous scar). I think when the bill comes that I'll send in a picture of the wound. I had Matt take one at the hospital. It's too graphic to post though. :-( Otherwise trust me I would since it is award winning. Anyway, other than the occasional intense back pain I'm feeling recovered. And happy that I went to the gardens. And grateful for all the beauty our earth has. And calm and content that I can have a gentle breeze blowing in through our open windows and hear the crickets chirping. Today was definitely a good day. I'm thankful for it and crossing my fingers Katherine sleeps just as well as last night. It really is amazing what better sleep can do.

4 comments:
yay for sleep!
Cute Mii family. I was waiting for the picture of your back. I should have taken one. I would totally post it for you. It's awesome. I hope the sleeping keeps up, it's so important.
I thought your Mii was cute! I'm jealous. I want to go to the gardens. I haven't gone once this summer, I really need to make time to go! Sleep is the bomb! It's great when you start to think, "Hey, maybe I can manage my life again."
We went to the gardens last week for FHE and it was gorgeous. It was only Jim's second time there and he had forgotten how amazing it is!
Jim is really really bad at keeping secrets and I think (HOPE!) he is going to try to get me a Wii and Wii Fit for Christmas. I'm keeping my fingers crossed!
Post a Comment