In case you are not already miserably bored from reading my previous post here's another one today. I got a few shocks when I opened Carter's backpack today. First, 2 love notes fell out of his backpack. Complete with sentences "I like u ALot" and I heart u. Lots of drawn hearts all over the notes too. I didn't know whether to laugh or cry, but I'll definitely write the date on them and put them in his memory box in the hopes that I can laugh about it someday. The weirdest thing about it is that they are not from the girl who drew him a picture of a red rose or the girl that he is quite smitten with (name withheld). He did however get to meet her grandmother the other day and was positively beaming all the way home and telling me how blank had wanted him to meet her grandma so bad and that he wanted to meet her too and so on. Just not ready for all this so soon. When do you all start talking about love and relationships? I figured I'd wait for Carter's cues and he did ask me about "falling in love" awhile back and I think I blogged about how that conversation went. Anyway, I'd love any advice since he's my first and so I'm new to all this.
Second surprise, a HUGE box of Dots candy he got from the poetry contest. And since he won them and was so excited I let him open it up and he's determined to eat the whole thing while watching smurfs right now. I'm going to have to take them away soon to prevent a tummy ache but I'm dreading it because I so don't want conflict right now. Just too tired for it.
Third surprise, his written answers to these questions were so funny they were post worthy because I think his answers make sense yet the TA used bright red pen to write what I'm assuming are the answers she thinks are correct. I've left Carter's spelling intact. :-)
Q: Who was Sacajawea?
Carter: Sacajawea was a indin princess
TA: Shoshone Indian
Q:How did she meet Charbonneau?
Carter: She played a game with charbonneau
TA: He won her in a gambling game
Q:Why were sacajawea and charbonneau with lewis and clark?
Carter: Sacajawea knew there were indins along the way
TA:They were guides and interpreters
Q: What were Lewis and Clark doing?
Carter: President Jefferson made them do it
TA: Looking for a shorter way to the Pacific Ocean
Fourth surprise, okay this one wasn't in his backpack. His 5 week old school uniform shirt is ripped. He says he doesn't know how but I think it was from the tag game they played in PE today. I know about it just because Carter mentioned that his friend Brendan didn't feel his tag so he tagged him harder but that made Brendan fall so then Carter was crying and the PE teacher told both boys he was sorry that happened. Anyway, last year we went through 9 pairs of ripped out knees of pants. Is this year to be the year of the ripped shirts????
Thursday, September 25, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

8 comments:
Ok-so either one from Annabelle? That sounds about up her alley--or does she now have competition?
Oh and I LOVE the sacajewea--I'm still spelling it wrong. Annabelle's answers cracked me up too!
Wow--I am really digging your post. I thought I'd share Annabelle's answers after I pulled out the paper.
1. Who was Sacajawea
A:A Shosshoe
2. How did she meet Charbonneau?
A: She got a prize.
3. Why were Sacajawea and Charbonneau with Lewis and Clark? A:They went to North Dakota with Pomp.
4. What were Lewis and Clark doing?
A: They were on an adventure.
5. Who was Pomp?
A: Pomp was a kid.
The TA wrote in--"WHOSE?"
Beats me--do you know?
I love her answers too! They know more about sacajewea than I ever did! You should have seen them doing their homework together the other day. Carter and Annabelle are quite the pair. I'll try to prevent him from proposing until after they've both gone to graduate school. :-)
nice to hear your news, Jen. :)
Hilarious!
I don't get why the TA was being so technical about the answers. This isn't 6th grade. She just needs to know that they are getting the general idea. They are way cute answers though, Annabelle's as well.
Wow, that's quite the first grade homework. I think Carter and Annabelle both did great!
Post a Comment