My mom flew in Friday and we had a whirlwind of fun! She left as we were leaving for church (strategically so that Carter would be kept busy instead of his usual crying). Friday we picked up Carter from school and headed over to the Trellis Cafe at Thanksgiving Point Gardens. I've always wanted to take my mom there and eat out on the patio to look at the view and hear the waterfalls. I was so thrilled that we got to do that. We walked around the gardens and I was bummed that I had forgotten my camera. :-( We had a lovely time together. Over in the Monet garden we saw the biggest frog ever! It wouldn't have fit in my hand if I had tried to pick it up. At first I even thought it was a statue. I had Matt take a picture with his cell phone so that I'd have proof of it. It's just insanely big and made a big splash when it jumped into the water after Carter got too close. Carter also found a snake skin while we were there so it was quite an adventurous trip to the gardens!
Saturday we drove up the Alpine Loop to Cascade Springs. That's another place I've always wanted my mom to see. It has a really neat boardwalk that leads you up to the source of the springs and bridges and paths along the way. The drive was so heavenly as we looked at the gorgeous aspens and pine trees and listened to the water in the stream. We met Matt's parent's and had a picnic in the parking lot since you can't eat within the springs territory now. I took this great picture of Carter eating lunch on a rock with a breathtaking landscape behind him. The springs were gorgeous as well and I was so thankful to be able to share their beauty with my mom. She and Carter acted out the story of The 3 Billy Goats Gruff on the biggest bridge and Carter being the literal child that he is decided that since he was playing the troll he should fall off the bridge. He was hanging over the side barely holding on. I was scared for him but laughing at the same time because it was such a Carter thing to do. Here's a picture once he finally got one knee up on the bridge I felt it was safe enough to take a picture instead of running over to rescue him. Katherine really loves the outdoors just like Carter and she had a fun time watching the water and scenic views. We drove down through Sundance (so gorgeous) and dropped Matt and the kids at Matt's parent's house while my mom and I hit the outlets. I got some amazing new clothes (hooray!!!) and I enjoyed not having to share her with the kids. After getting home Carter and grandma played games of checkers, Old Maid, Go Fish, and a Mario video game. I'm so thankful she came to visit us and for all the fun! I miss her already.

4 comments:
Sounds like a wonderful visit. I love Cascade Springs, too.
Oh, it sounds wonderful!!! Makes me want my mom to come visit again! I'm glad you had a great time together!
I can't wait to see what new clothes you have. I'm glad you had fun with your mom.
Beautiful. So glad you had fun with your mom! Can't wait to hear more about it.
Post a Comment