Sunday, March 22, 2009

I thought you only ended up sleeping on the floor of the bathroom when you have a hangover

Time to dispell that myth. I always heard about people waking up on the bathroom floor after a hard night of partying. I never experienced that but I can say that it isn't fair to wake up on the bathroom floor after having no fun the night before. I was totally fine yesterday. Had a great walk with the family, hung out at the park until the wind came, and went to a baby shower. Then last night/morning around 1am I woke up and knew that I was going to be sick. I was so sick that I couldn't even sleep in a bed. I grabbed a pillow and slept on the bathroom floor so that I would be close to the puke receiver. I am so weak and so feverish. I've been hallucinating (sleep deprivation or fever not sure which) so if you get weird calls from me today just ignore me. A few times I tried sleeping in the hall so that the floor wouldn't be so hard but always ended up crawling back to the bathroom floor. I tried sleeping a bit today but the wind is so awful. I finally put on the ipod on a low volume and slept to music a bit though mostly just stayed delirious with my muscles screaming at me for sleeping on the floor. I guess arthritic limbs don't appreciate that much. I'm just going to use faith and pray that I am better by tomorrow. And yes I did get a flu shot so this just must be some other kind of flu I guess. It's just crazy how quickly things can change. From feeling so good yesterday and laughing with Matt and saying out loud how great our life is (that must have jinxed me) to these horrible hallucinations. I took some tylenol and if this post comes out lucid at all it will be because Matt gave me a nice blessing. The darkness lifted a bit and the hymn The Lord is My Light that always helps me came into my mind.


5 comments:

Amber Baker said...

Sorry about that, can I bring you some extra pillows. I also have a hand held massager that helps alot with soreness. I'll call later!

Jennifer Pelo Rawlings said...

Sorry. It's so horrible to feel pukey. Keep in mind that the flu shot is for the actual flu, which is a respiratory illness. What you are most likely suffering from is a stomach virus. Hopefully, a fast one moving one. I hope you feel better soon.

Kristen said...

Hope you are feeling better soon! That sounds miserable!

Lindsay said...

feel better soon...that stinks..how are the kiddos...are they staying healthy?

BeeP said...

So sorry! Hope you are doing better. That sounds nasty!