Saturday, October 4, 2008

Tattle Tell




So I'm tattling on Mat since I know Cheyenne is going to tell her parents and lots of other people anyway. Last night I went to sleep when Katherine did. I was really tired. The night before she had slept terribly and I hadn't gotten a nap yesterday to catch up. I had also made dinner and then dropped the casserole dish of our leftovers (which were going to be lunch today) onto my foot and the whole kitchen floor. By the time I finished cleaning it up, washing the bottles, making pumpkin chocolate cookies with the kids, and general up-keep of things I was ready for bed. I left matt "in charge" but didn't think about any guidelines. So, the result was that he gets the uncle of the year award and worst brother in law award all in the same day. How? He told the kids they could stay up as late as they wanted and eat as many cookies as they wanted. Oh and he had also given them cherry coke at lunch. They ended up finally going to bed at 2:30am On the way to dropping Cheyenne off the kids were laughing hysterically about getting Matt in trouble. They want to tell everyone about how he basically gave them no rules. I asked the rhetorical question "What can I do?" Carter's answer "I know mom, you can blog about it!" Matt and I burst out laughing. I asked him how he knew about that and he said he heard it on spaceballs the cartoon. Welcome to the 21st century as Matt would say.

Matt did come wake me up to tell me OJ was found guilty and sent to jail. We watched some coverage of it all going down and that was pretty interesting but then I fell back asleep. The coverage reminded me of the first verdict which was televised at my high school. I won't go into details since it's a sore subject. I'm glad there's finally some justice.

5 comments:

Jennifer Pelo Rawlings said...

Uncle/Dad of the year. That's amazing. I could never do that. I just don't have the stamina I used to have. I also love Carter's answer for what you could do.

Kristen said...

I'm still surprised the kids lasted that late into the night!! wow!

Amber Baker said...

That is so funny. At least he lasted with them, Jeremy would have been asleep on the couch.

Colleen said...

Wow, that's some serious energy to be able to stay up that late. All I know is that if Jim let Elijah stay up until 2:30 AM in my absence, he would be in BIG TROUBLE!

Marilena I. said...

This is Cheyenne I realy liked it how you made the story realy funny.I will never ever forget that day.It was so fun.Talk to you later. Bye.