Update for my childrens' sake. I am really excited about having them home for Christmas break. I am so thankful for my great husband and for the time he spends with the kids and I. He's without a doubt the most loyal friend I've ever had and understands me so well. Katherine was cast as a pretty doll for her preschool Christmas program and it was adorable. In fact my face actually hurt from smiling so much watching her in the program. Carter sang for the school choir and the class sing along and tonight has his piano recital. It's hard to believe I have a 4th grader. I'm so proud of his sweet qualities and sensitivity. He's proven to be a very generous child and a terrific big brother. We are going through a lot of changes and usually I am an anxious nervous wreck when I feel like change is in the air. This time however, and maybe it's through knowing how much Matt and I rely on each other, I feel solid and mostly grounded and am excited for the adventures awaiting our little family. Whether we stay here or move there's no doubt that life is different and I'm actually excited about saying adios to the old ways and welcome to the new. It's been the perfect time to reevaluate what is important to me and what I value and the examples I want my children to learn from. I'm feeling confident in my choices and happy for the memories we are making. We had a fun road trip to Cali for Thanksgiving. Stopped at Area 51 which is now an awesome family memory. Slept in a "castle" at state line because of the crazy traffic. Carter got to go on a paddleboat with Cheyenne his twin I swear. The kids were mutinous at the beach because they were having so much fun in the waves and finding shells. Carter even found a sand dollar in perfect shape which I considered a miracle. We've had so many nice evenings sipping herbal tea and watching Christmas movies it seems like something out of a movie and I'm ever grateful for the slower pace we've started and love of my family to give me the gift of really relishing our family time.
Sunday, December 18, 2011
Out with the old, in with the new
Update for my childrens' sake. I am really excited about having them home for Christmas break. I am so thankful for my great husband and for the time he spends with the kids and I. He's without a doubt the most loyal friend I've ever had and understands me so well. Katherine was cast as a pretty doll for her preschool Christmas program and it was adorable. In fact my face actually hurt from smiling so much watching her in the program. Carter sang for the school choir and the class sing along and tonight has his piano recital. It's hard to believe I have a 4th grader. I'm so proud of his sweet qualities and sensitivity. He's proven to be a very generous child and a terrific big brother. We are going through a lot of changes and usually I am an anxious nervous wreck when I feel like change is in the air. This time however, and maybe it's through knowing how much Matt and I rely on each other, I feel solid and mostly grounded and am excited for the adventures awaiting our little family. Whether we stay here or move there's no doubt that life is different and I'm actually excited about saying adios to the old ways and welcome to the new. It's been the perfect time to reevaluate what is important to me and what I value and the examples I want my children to learn from. I'm feeling confident in my choices and happy for the memories we are making. We had a fun road trip to Cali for Thanksgiving. Stopped at Area 51 which is now an awesome family memory. Slept in a "castle" at state line because of the crazy traffic. Carter got to go on a paddleboat with Cheyenne his twin I swear. The kids were mutinous at the beach because they were having so much fun in the waves and finding shells. Carter even found a sand dollar in perfect shape which I considered a miracle. We've had so many nice evenings sipping herbal tea and watching Christmas movies it seems like something out of a movie and I'm ever grateful for the slower pace we've started and love of my family to give me the gift of really relishing our family time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment