Thursday, April 9, 2009

Space Cadet

I'm officially declaring myself a space cadet. I turned the corner on to my street when the fuel light came on and some warning thing starting dinging. Realize that I really only drive to and from Carter's school each day so I must have been below 1/4 of a tank for an eternity before it got to this point. I didn't have my wallet with me so I pulled into the garage and I'm just hoping I can coast to the gas station a bit later on today. This never would have happened to me a few months ago before my big brain melt. Now maybe I've mellowed out a bit too much. I mean, who doesn't look at their fuel gauge? Oh and we forgot about Carter's first baseball practice last night! Matt remembered 20 or so minutes after it started. He left in a hurry mainly since he's the assistant coach and then had to come back because he had forgotten Carter's glove! Luckily they practiced until well after 7pm so Carter didn't feel ripped off. The first words out of his mouth this morning were "Where is Cheyenne?" That's his cousin who is going to be here today. The second sentence out of his mouth was "What time is my baseball practice?" Maybe he'll be the one in charge of our schedule soon.

2 comments:

Amber Baker said...

So funny! I feel that way often.

Colleen said...

I forget about my gas gauge all the time. In fact, I nearly ran out of gas on the way to Vegas. I noted that the fuel light went on about 45 minutes outside of Vegas and then Jen and I got talking and completely forgot!