Hello! I've been blogging on my myspace page for awhile but Matt is worried about all the strangers who he may have ticked off in court tracking us down and since many of my friends do not have myspace accounts to be able to sign into my blog there I decided to switch over to blogspot. I must say I love that I can write in my favorite color. What a nice perk! Here's my posting for today!
Hello All! We are doing fine. Feeling great that my house is finally organized. We set up the nursery yesterday and it looks adorable. We all love to just go in there and look around and enjoy it. The crib is set up, the dresser stocked with clothes (carter’s baby clothes so if it’s a girl we’ll need to change most of them out). It’s clean and neat and for the first time since the basement started getting finished everything inside the house is where it is supposed to be. Hooray! I can’t even begin to describe how calm I feel knowing that whatever room I walk into is going to be clean and organized. We still need to finish the garage though. We got rid of 6 storage bins of stuff yesterday (yea us!). It’s still in the garage though waiting for the community garage sale on april 12th so I guess we are not literally rid of it yet but there is a date of it leaving and I’m thankful for that! Next saturday we are planning to finish it up as it’s still impossible to even get 1 car in. There’s a lot to be done in there and some big decisions to be made since we want to be able to park my car in the garage but also keep the air hockey and basketball game machines. I’m fine to get rid of a lot of our holiday decorations and mementos. I groaned when we opened two storage bins to reveal a community of cabbage patch kids and stuffed animals from my childhood and matt’s. I quickly closed those bins and decided to think those over. After sleeping on it I feel it’s best to donate all but 1 stuffed animal and 1 cabbage patch kid. I mean really, it’s quite insane to keep around bins of that stuff. Bins! Unbelieveable! Have a been a hoarder or something! At least I can blame Matt partially. Some of those stuffed animals are his and we opened one bin to reveal all his BAR prep books that are 2 years old. Those are going and we are literally going through each bin and cabinet in the garage. I want to get rid of 75% at least and besides all we get rid of is going to the community garage sale with all profits going to sadie huish. Check out her blog sadiehuish.blogspot.com to get updated on her progress and find out how you can help. There’s a 5k run you can register for and also donations can be made in her name at any America’s First Credit Union.
Carter has been adorable about the baby’s room. We put a toy box in there with Carter’s baby toys and he has been having a blast from the past playing with all of them today. It’s been funny and cute. His fav when he was tiny was a vtech crayon car that sings songs and stuff. It looks like it is still his favorite. He’s been mostly playing with that today. As I am writing this he just came in running pulling one of those wooden pull toys. It’s been a real trip down memory lane to see him excitedly digging through the toy box and playing with all his old toys. I’m really glad that he enjoys being in that room and is so excited about "the babe" as he calls the baby. I’m happy to be 16 weeks along. I can’t believe how the time is flying by! It’s so surreal. I haven’t even had to buy new clothes but I’ve seen some cute maternity outfits out there and think I’ll end up getting some this summer. This pregnancy is such a huge miracle for a family. We are so blessed.
Sunday, March 30, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Wow! I am so impressed that you aren't even halfway along and you have the nursery set up, clothes and everything! And that must feel so good to have your house organized. I am dreaming of the day. Sigh.
Cute blog. I am personally very glad you moved to blogger so that I can leave comments, still could never figure it out on myspace. So weird.
Post a Comment