Saturday, November 13, 2010

10 Year Anniversary

Matt and I just celebrated our 10 year anniversary on the 11th. And I am so thrilled to be married to such a great guy. Today he was gone in trial prep and I'm not used to having him gone on Saturdays. I really really missed him a lot. I love that we laugh over silly stuff, that we act like old people reminiscing about when we were young and received cds for 60 free minutes of internet time, and that we enjoy being with our kids so much. I have loved watching him gain such a strong testimony and be such a great example of service and kindness. I love that we make time for each other to go to the temple and grow spiritually as we discuss the gospel. There are so many blessings the gospel has brought to our lives and I extremely thankful we have each other. Every once in awhile I'll see some of my friends' pictures and updates on facebook about the incredible places they are going and the nights out on the town. While I do hope to someday vacation and a night out sounds enticing I am perfectly content sitting here in my fleece pajamas and fuzzy slippers cutting up grapes and veggies for our toddler between typing sentences. I am thankful for the life I've chosen and the experiences I've been given. We have stood together to face the challenges that have come our way and I am thankful to have a strong partner with a sometimes exasperating sense of humor.

4 comments:

Jennifer Pelo Rawlings said...

Happy Anniversary. I think it's so cool that next year it will be your 11th anniversary on 11-11-11. Did you guys plan that?

BeeP said...

Happy Anniversary! 10 years is impressive. :)

bonitinha said...

That's beautiful! Happy Anniversary!

Colleen said...

Happy anniversary! I love happy couples like you guys. :)